皋陶 发表于 2020-8-23 11:24:01

即将到来的Linux 4.15内核中RISC-V被合并的git log

本帖最后由 皋陶 于 2020-8-26 10:45 编辑

在这些天寒地冻,老司机也冻成狗的日子里,RISC-V和Linux的革命友谊发展迅猛,终于要在Linux 4.15内核胜利会师了。
Linux 4.15 将支持加州伯克利开发的开源指令集架构 RISC-V,目前我们在Linus的tree的master branch上面已经看到risc-v的代码:
相关的commit log如下,可以看出涉及的代码大概有2万行:pull发生在2017-11-15:
This contains the core RISC-V Linux port, which has been through ninerounds of review on various mailing lists. The port is not complete:there's some cleanup patches moving through the review process, awhole bunch of drivers that need some work, and a lot of featureadditions that will be needed.
The patches contained in this tag have been through nine rounds ofreview on the various mailing lists. I have some outstanding cleanuppatches, but since there's been so much review on these patches Ithought it would be best to submit them as-is and then submit explicitcleanup patches so everyone can review them. This first patch set isbig enough that it's a bit of a pain to constantly rewrite, and it'scaused a few headaches with various contributors.
The port is definately a work in progress. While what's there buildsand boots with 4.14, it's a bit hard to actually see anything happenbecause there are no device drivers yet. I maintain a staging branchthat contains all the device drivers and cleanup that actually works,but those patches won't all be ready for a while. I'd like to get whatwe currently have into your tree so everyone can start working from asingle base -- of particular importance is allowing the glibcupstreaming process to proceed so we can sort out any possiblylingering user-visible ABI problems we might have.commit log显示,目前还缺乏大量的驱动,所以实际上"hard to actually see anything happen"。另外,目前的merge是"as is",这意味着后续还需要大量的cleanup工作。
本篇完,感谢关注:RISC-V单片机中文网
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 即将到来的Linux 4.15内核中RISC-V被合并的git log